Thursday, June 18, 2009

Attempts At Interior Design



Check out this article. --> Man decorates basement with $10 worth of Sharpie



Talk about cheap wallpaper. Just Awesome. The article has a nice 360 view also.


So This month, I've officially lived in this apartment for a year. This mean I finally have rental history. This is a huge deal if you know me well. I've moved around a bunch in the past 5 years and none of these places in my name. Not only is it pretty amazing for me to have my own place, it's going to [hopefully] be a pretty stable place for me to be. I don't see myself leaving this apartment anytime soon. I'll be at CCAD for a few years. I like what I've got so I best set up camp.

If I plan on being here for a while I truly need to make this place mine. To me this means interior decorating like whoa.
I have plans for each room of the apartment. Each room has some sort of theme and/or piece of artwork that is the focus or inspiration [excluding my art space aka dining room]. Creating this is a rather slow process but my goal is to have this place setup the way I'd like it by this time next year. This includes painting, furniture, decor, ect.I want this to really be home. Even though I'm very much NOT planning on staying in Columbus after I graduate I'll still be here for at least the next 4-5 years.

The first room I'm focusing on is the bathroom. Not the most amazing place but it's a good start. Small tight space, not a lot of wall to paint and honestly, it's the only room I know, 100% what I want to do with.
The artwork inspiration for this space is 'Pet Fish' by Dutch artist Lois van Baarle, also known as, Loish. This is it:


I bought a 16"x20" print off DeviantArt a while back and I'm excited to finally get this together and hang it up.
I laid out all the painters tape and have the primer paint. I put down that then get the actual color afterward. I'm super excited.
Progress pictures will come about in the near future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment